Research and Development
Perfect Engineering can provide consultative and engineering services in civil and structural sector projects
Research is one of our key strengths. Perfect Engineering (PE) has created solutions and completed projects in various fields by implementing knowledge of structures and materials, and developing logical designs. We aim to continually increase our knowledge in materials and contribute the results of our findings to the industry. At PE, we pride ourselves in our knowledge of structures and materials, and ensure projects are undertaken to be of utmost quality.
Research and Development
PE was established in October 2003, and we have adopted a culture of continuous improvement since. As our business relies on our contribution to our clients, who require a large degree of technical and R&D support from contractors, it is crucial that we act proactively in the field of R&D. We aim to regularly engage in R&D, and have dedicated individuals into researching, and tabulating results to form a sound basis for research results.
Building the Education Revolution (BER)
PE was the principal contractor of the Department of Public Works (NSW Government). We were responsible for making decisions on research and development issues concerning the 'Building the Education Revolution' (BER) government projects. PE designed and constructed for Chullora TAFE, and also performed civil works, excavation, piering, concrete slab, shop detailing, and constructed structural steel work for the building. The entire project from the initial design stages through to completion adhered to standards and legal matters.
PE’s capabilities are broad, as evidenced by the myriad of projects completed in the aerospace and construction industries. Engineers Australia has awarded PE certificates for excellence, and has offered a Professional Development Program partnership alongside other government bodies. Several other organisations such as Construction in Focus have also written articles on PE not only praising, but recognising the unique services that PE provides in the Engineering field – particularly our efforts in R&D to provide alternative but feasible solutions.
Research on Metals
Since we are a preferred contractor to several clients, it is in our interest to further research beneficial properties of metals, e.g. strength and superior corrosion resistance. Thorough research and analysis has been applied in the field of Aircraft and Aerospace aluminium alloys. Also, research in the field of civil engineering in steel and concrete (foundations/piering/underpinning etc.) has been undertaken for use in high rise buildings, and in bridge barriers and roadworks and anchoring. Further research has also been undertaken for the development of a matrix for optimal material selection and structural adequacy based on Finite Element Analysis (FEA) calculations.
Currently, the Department of Public Works (NSW Government), RTA(NSW Government), Qantas Airways, Qantas Defence, Sydney Water(NSW Government), CHEP, Thiess John Holland, Leightons, Abigroup are only a few organisations which have placed PE as one of their highly preferred contractors. PE is always ready to go the extra mile and extend its knowledge and expertise on researching new materials and/or strategies prior to commencing unique projects. Such has been the case for the majority of the clients mentioned.
Projects Requiring research and Development
PE has been called to solve numerous problems which create controversy for some of the key clients and projects. For instance, some of the most difficult projects were;
- Sydney Harbour Tunnel – Awarded to Perfect Engineering Pty Ltd (Principal Contractor) by the RTA to construct concrete median and moveable barriers amongst live traffic involving demolition, excavation and construction, ensuring a very complex engineering design requirement is achieved by creative and decisive engineers involved with many aspects of R&D to come up with the best solutions and careful project scheduling by management within the Perfect Engineering team.
- Cleveland St. Road Widening for RTA awarded to Perfect Engineering Pty Ltd, and being the principal contractor, Perfect Engineering Pty Ltd had to design and construct a reduction in the awning along a very busy road due to many fatal accidents occurring in the vicinity. This involved R&D in many facets to ensure structural rigidity and longevity.
- Lane Cove Tunnel - given the short time frame and amount of research required to complete the project (building & various structural steel structures) leading up to the March 2007 state elections.
- Westfield Bondi Junction Aluminium Louvre Construction – corrosion remedy and aluminium/steel substitute on severely deteriorated louvre and steel structure on rooftop of 29 storey building and taking into consideration the public below and childcare
- Qantas – These projects required an alternate design/substitute for several original Boeing support equipment to suit local and accessible material/steel and heat treatment when the equipment must carry nose cowls and other aircraft components
- M4/M7 Bridge and Columns Construction - The design of the well known elliptical column steel shutters that form the basis for concreting the entire columns for the M4/M7 freeway, seen clearly at Eastern Creek, were undertaken by PE, when it was believed that the works were only possible in timber and not steel
True results are based on achieved projects' outcomes.
"Perfect Engineering has been called upon to solve complex problems that have caused controversy for our clients"
Want to find out more?
We're always happy to provide more information on our services. For advice, support or a quote,Please Get in Touch